Gift Guide for Every Kind of Healthy
Give the gift of health! Whether you’re searching for health-conscious gifts for friends and family or looking for something to add to your own list, look no further than the following gift guide for every kind of healthy.
For the sleepyhead who loves a good nap
Sleep is a key component of health (and weight loss), and we could all stand to be getting a bit more of it (7 to 9 hours a night, specifically). For those looking to catch some zzz’s, finding a great gift doesn’t need to be a nightmare.
- Sleep eyemask: Eyemasks have come a long way from the elastic strap ones offered on long-haul flights. Today’s options to keep the light out include ones made of silk (easy on the skin), ones that contour around your eyes (so no pressure), and weighted ones (for extra relaxation).
- White noise machine: We’re not always lucky enough to have a quiet sleep environment. An alternative (or addition) to earplugs is white noise machines, which create a constant, low-frequency sound to help you sleep more soundly.
- Sunrise alarm clock: No longer must we be reliant on a rude buzzer or other disturbing noise to make sure we get up in time for that early morning workout. Sunrise alarm clocks use gradually increasing soft light to stimulate the biological waking system. These clocks may also have a sunset feature, which gradually dims the light to support falling asleep.
For the techie who loves to track
Technology has helped us take charge of our health more than ever before. Even weight loss has been totally transformed by new digital offerings that make great gifts.
- Digital scale: The right scale can do more than tell you your weight. Smart scales can connect to apps on the phone that help you to track your weight loss over time. Some digital scales can even measure body fat composition, an important weight-related measurement that doesn’t come on your basic scale.
- Wearable health tracker: With a little technology around our wrists (or even just around a single finger), we’re able to track a myriad of health measurements, from daily steps to hours slept to miles run.
- Sweatproof earbuds: Whether listening to music or an audio training program, the best workout earbuds are ones you don’t have to worry about. A sweatproof option will help keep you going through even the hardest of HIIT workouts.
Forget working from home, working out at home is more accessible than ever. Gone are the days when you were tethered to your local gym. Today, there are many options for home workouts and the right gear won’t make you miss the gym at all.
- Wearable weights: Wrist or ankle weights can help transform a typical mat workout like Pilates and barre into a muscle-burning isometric workout. You can also use these weights for walks outside to add some additional resistance for extra calorie burn.
- Adaptable dumbbells: No more fighting for the 10 lb dumbbells at the gym—an adaptable dumbbell set helps you customize your weights at home. Today’s models barely take up any room, yet can still help you pack on the muscle.
- Massage gun: The soreness after a tough workout may not be your favorite feeling, but you can do more than foam roll the pain out with a massage gun. Get the blood flowing in your muscles and support a healthy recovery. Some options even include heat and cold settings for extra care.
For the self-care evangelist
Self-care is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle—stress is often an enemy of weight loss, and we all know someone (maybe even yourself) suffering from stress. When you can’t literally help someone relax, one of these gift ideas can work, too.
- Meditation app subscription: Now you can do more than just recommend meditation as a relaxation method. Meditation apps now offer month- or year-long subscriptions to help users build strong habits.
- Jigsaw puzzles: A cozy hobby can help keep the blues away when stuck indoors. Jigsaw puzzles are in a renaissance right now, with interesting designs and artwork. Pop on a podcast or an audiobook, and enjoy the satisfaction of puzzle pieces clicking together.
- Weighted blanket: The hype is real with weighted blankets. Like a giant hug, a weighted blanket can help you relieve stress and relax.
For the healthy home cook
Experimenting with new healthy cooking methods and superfood ingredients can provide endless excitement for the home chef.
- Indoor herb garden kit: With sleek, compact designs and plant lights already built in, you don’t have to wait until the summer to enjoy herbs in your meals all year round. An indoor herb garden can help add low-calorie spice to your cooking adventures—try basil, rosemary, or parsley.
- Blender: The right blender can unlock new recipe options, hot or cold. From fruity protein smoothies to cozy root vegetable soups, a modern blender makes it easier than ever to puree. A rechargeable portable blender bottle can even whip up a smoothie on the go.
- Meal prep kit & storage containers: Make it easier (and cuter) than ever to prep your meals for the week with colorful and well-designed food storage containers that help keep you on track with your eating plan.